06. March 2015 SysAdmin 0
- I need to give permission to my develper to specific sudo command only.
- I need to give permission to restart apache httpd service.
- Any Linux Flavour. CentOS, RHEL, Ubuntu , SuSE etc
visudoto get the sudo access editor.
- add the below line to the file and save and exit
mydeveloper ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /etc/init.d/httpd *
- Now the devloper can run the below command to stop, start, restart httpd services `sudo /etc/init.d/httpd start sudo /etc/init.d/httpd stop sudo /etc/init.d/httpd restart`
If you want to give the same access to a group of people,
- Add those to a group.
gpasswd -a dev1 mydevelopergroup gpasswd -a dev2 mydevelopergroup gpasswd -a dev3 mydevelopergroup
- Add the the below line to visudo
%mydevelopergroup ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /etc/init.d/httpd *
Like / share / + / Tweat if found helpfull 🙂