How to install native BASH on Windows 10 – Not a VM ;)
18. September 2016 SysAdmin 0
Native Bash is available now in Windows 10 as Windows 10’s Anniversary Update .
Lets see how we can install it.
- Enable Developer mode in Windows 10 from settings >> Home, or search for Developer Mode from the Windows Menu.
- Now enable Windows Subsystem For Linux Users from the Turn Windows features on or off menu.
- Once the installation is finished, Windows will ask you to reboot, please continue with it.
- Once the PC is rebooted, search for Bash in Windows Menu. The below window will open.
- Type Y to proceed with the bash (ubuntu) installation.
- Once installation is finished. it will ask you for the username. You can enter any username, i have used root as the username.
- Once finished, you can use the id command to see the user details.
- Now you can run any Ubuntu commands here. such as installing apache2 and mysql-server
- Release details.
Please like and share if found helpful.