Jenkins not starting on CentOS 7 / RHEL 7
Today i was installing Jenkins on a CentOS7 systems. After installing it via Jenkins yum repository, the service was not stating. The java was already installed on the server.
- You have installed jenkins on a CentOS7 / RHEL7 system.
- jenkins is not starting via systemctl start jenkins command, and it is throwing journalctl -xn error.
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /tmp/jna--1712433994/jna6368781091883887102.tmp: /tmp/jna--1712433994/jna6368781091883887102.tmp: failed to map segment from shared object: Operation not permitted
- Makes sure you have installed java and verify the version.
# java -version openjdk version "1.8.0_121" OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_121-b13) OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.121-b13, mixed mode)
- edit /etc/sysconfig/jenkins , and change the below line,
Line number 48, change
- Now you will be able to stop and start the jenkins service without any error.
systemctl stop jenkins systemctl start jenkins
4 thoughts on “Jenkins not starting on CentOS 7 / RHEL 7”
Thank you so much fore sharing it!
Fixed my problem.
Happy to hear that Beto 🙂
Resolveu na raiz! muito obrigado
Happy to hear that !